If you’ve recently been diagnosed with cirrhosis, you may have found it difficult to find appropriate life insurance, income protection, or trauma insurance for this condition. Most standard insurance providers consider cirrhosis as a serious medical condition, and they usually view it as high-risk in terms of Cirrhosis life insurance and income protection policies and coverage.
But although getting life insurance for cirrhosis can be difficult, you should know that it’s not impossible. At Special Risk Managers, we can help you get the insurance coverage you want for cirrhosis and protect you and your family for the future.
Special Risk Managers are experts at helping clients with serious medical conditions get appropriate life insurance, especially those who’ve been rejected by other companies or those who are considered uninsurable. Just call us on 1300 665 356 to talk to our team and get started.
Insurance Difficulties with Cirrhosis
There are two main reasons why cirrhosis can be a difficult condition to insure:
- First, cirrhosis is generally a late-stage form of liver disease. This means that it’s usually an indication of an advanced form of liver damage and disease. Because of this, many insurance providers consider those with cirrhosis to be high-risk applicants. According to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare, cirrhosis is also the greatest risk factor for primary liver cancer, which makes it even more risky for insurance providers.
- Second, cirrhosis increases the risk of developing other serious medical conditions. If untreated without proper medical treatment, liver cirrhosis can lead to complications such as liver cancer, liver failure, insulin resistance, and type 2 diabetes. This adds to cirrhosis’ already risky status as a medical condition.
Given this level of risk and the inherently problematic nature of cirrhosis, many of those who have it usually find it difficult to get appropriate coverage for it. And if they do find options for life insurance for cirrhosis, it may come with expensive insurance policies.
If you’ve been finding it difficult to get cirrhosis life insurance or if you’re not happy with your current options, Special Risk Managers can help you get what you’re looking for.
Cirrhosis in Australia
Although cirrhosis isn’t the only form of liver disease, it is a form of late-stage liver disease that can significantly increase the likelihood of developing liver cancer. Liver cancer, in turn, is the fastest growing cause of cancer death in Australia, according to the Australian Institute of Health and Welfare. This makes cirrhosis among the biggest health concerns for the Australian medical community today.
A 2014 investigation by the Australian Hospital and Healthcare Bulletin (AHHB) also showed that liver disease is one of the leading causes of organ transplants in the country. Hence, if you are looking to acquire Cirrhosis life insurance it is vital that the policies are there to protect and secure your future.
Although finding the right cover for your condition can be difficult, it’s not impossible. At Special Risk Managers, we’ll help you find the best Cirrhosis life insurance options for cirrhosis. We’ll explore your different options and find affordable and comprehensive cover according to the severity of your condition. This way, you’re less likely to pay unnecessary premiums and fees.
Call us on 1300 665 356 to get started. We’re experts at helping patients find appropriate life insurance, trauma insurance, total & permanent disability cover, and income protection insurance for special and difficult conditions.
Common Causes of Cirrhosis
Given that cirrhosis is liver disease characterised by the scarring of liver tissue, it can be caused by a number of factors that damage the liver and cause scarring:
- Excessive alcohol consumption – Excessive consumption of alcohol is one of the most common causes of cirrhosis, and it’s also the cause most people commonly associate with this condition. Cirrhosis caused by excessive alcohol consumption usually develops over several years of excessive and chronic alcohol drinking.
- Non-alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) – Accumulated fat in the liver can also cause cirrhosis. Although not as commonly associated with cirrhosis as excessive alcohol consumption, NAFLD is usually one of the most common – if not the most common – causes of liver cirrhosis in many countries. 2014 findings by the AHHB note that this is the most common cause of cirrhosis in Australia.
- Hepatitis – Chronic cases of hepatitis B, C, or D can lead to infections that attack or damage the liver, causing scarring of the liver.
- Drugs – Although drugs in itself do not automatically cause cirrhosis, it can cause liver damage that eventually leads to this condition.
Aside from these main reasons, cirrhosis can also develop from the following causes:
- Autoimmune diseases that affect the liver
- Genetic digestive disorders
- Cystic fibrosis
- Damage to the bile ducts
- Viral infections that damage the liver
- Inherited diseases that cause liver damage
Symptoms of Cirrhosis
Cirrhosis is often described as a silent disease, with only minimal symptoms in its early stages and showing more tangible signs in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms associated with cirrhosis include:
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Constant weakness
- Swelling in the legs or other parts of the body
Early diagnosis and treatment of cirrhosis are crucial to the proper management of symptoms and preventing it from getting worse.
With these symptoms, it’s easy to see just how much cirrhosis can affect your quality of life if you’ve been diagnosed with this condition. If you have cirrhosis and want to protect you and your family’s futures as best you can, you should consider getting appropriate life insurance that covers the possible effects of cirrhosis.
Why Choose Special Risk Managers
When it comes to finding life insurance for serious medical conditions, no other company in Australia can match Special Risk Managers. We’re experts at finding the appropriate Cirrhosis life insurance coverage for those with serious medical conditions and clients that most standard insurance companies would consider uninsurable or high-risk.
At Special Risk Managers, we believe that every person deserves to get the life insurance they need, and we’ll do everything we can to assist those who need our help. Whether you’re looking for a comprehensive life insurance package or plans for income protection, trauma insurance, or TPD insurance, our team of specialists will help you find it. With Special Risk Managers, cirrhosis won’t stop you from getting the protection you need.
Call us today on 1300 665 356 to speak to one of our insurance experts. If you need more information about our services, simply fill out our online contact form or send an email to email@example.com.