Coronary heart disease is the leading underlying cause of death in Australia, making it one of the most serious and troubling conditions in the country today. If you’ve been diagnosed with coronary heart disease or you belong to a family with a history of heart disease, then it’s best you consider getting appropriate coronary heart disease life insurance.
Given how fatal coronary heart disease can be, it’s easy to understand how it can cause worry and anxiety, especially to those who have it as well as their families. The right life insurance, however, can help reduce this worry and better protect your family’s future.
Whether you’re looking for life insurance, TPD insurance, income protection, or trauma insurance, Special Risk Managers can help you get the coverage you need to protect yourself from the consequences of coronary heart disease. Call us today on 1300 665 356 to get started.
Coronary Heart Disease In Australia
Coronary heart disease has long been one of the leading causes of death in Australia since the early 20th century. According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics, coronary heart disease (in the form of ischaemic heart disease) has been the leading cause of death in the country for the past decade. The year 2015 alone recorded 19,777 deaths caused by this disease.
Although the number of deaths caused by coronary heart disease has decreased substantially over the past decade, it still continues to be the top leading cause of death in the country. And if recent trends are any indication, it seems coronary heart disease will continue to be a major cause of death over the next several years.
Symptoms of Coronary Heart Disease
Coronary heart disease is often a disease that builds up over time. Perhaps the most troubling thing about it is that it’s often difficult to diagnose or identify until it’s too late. Many patients usually have no idea that they have this disease until they experience some form of chest pain, angina or heart attack.
Shortness of breath is also another common symptom of coronary heart disease, especially when it occurs in conjunction with chest pain.
Although finding coronary heart disease life insurance can be difficult, it’s not impossible. At Special Risk Managers, we’ll help you find your best life insurance options for coronary heart disease. We’ll explore your different options and find affordable and comprehensive cover according to the severity of your condition. This way, you’re less likely to pay unnecessary premiums and fees.
Call us on 1300 665 356 to get started. We’re experts at helping patients find appropriate coronary heart disease life insurance, trauma insurance, total & permanent disability cover, and income protection insurance for special and difficult conditions.
Known Risk Factors
Some people are unfortunately more susceptible to coronary heart disease than others. The following are some of the risk factors that could increase your likelihood of developing this disease or make your condition even worse if you already have it:
- High blood cholesterol – High cholesterol, which is often characterised as having more “bad” cholesterol than “good” cholesterol in the blood, can make it more likely for plaque to develop in the arteries of the heart.
- High blood pressure – High blood pressure left unregulated and untreated can lead to the thickening of the arteries and narrowing of the heart’s passageways.
- Family history – Those with a strong family history of heart disease or diabetes face a higher risk of developing coronary heart disease. This is especially true for those whose immediate family members have been diagnosed with this disease at a fairly young age.
- Smoking – Those who have smoked heavily (or have been exposed to second-hand smoke) for years face a higher risk of developing this disease.
- Obesity – Being obese or severely overweight presents many of the same risk factors as coronary heart disease.
- Diabetes – Type 2 diabetes presents many of the same risk factors as coronary heart disease, making those who have this type of diabetes more susceptible to the disease.
- Stress – High levels of stress can lead to high blood pressure and increase the likelihood of developing a heart attack.
- Lack of physical activity – Although a lack of exercise or physical activity is not directly linked to coronary heart disease, it is associated with other risk factors like obesity and high blood pressure.
Getting Coronary Heart Disease Life Insurance
Coronary heart disease is already one of the most serious medical conditions that any person can have, but it becomes even more troubling when it stops you from living a full life. It’s known to be a particularly debilitating disease, especially if it’s severe enough to prevent you from participating in certain activities or if it affects the quality of your work. The fact that it’s the leading cause of death in the country also makes it a disease that you should take every precaution to prevent.
If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with coronary heart disease, getting the right coronary heart disease life insurance can provide a level of protection that can help reduce any worries. With the proper life insurance in place, you can minimise the consequences of coronary heart disease, whether it’s in your work or financial future. Life insurance for coronary heart disease won’t undo what’s already there, but it can shape you and your family’s futures when it comes to dealing with this disease.
Professional Guidance From Special Risk Managers
It’s easy to understand the benefits of getting appropriate life insurance for coronary heart disease. What’s not so easy is actually getting it. Given its many complications and high-risk factors, many standard insurance providers are understandably cautious about providing cover for this disease, especially if your case is particularly severe.
And that’s where Special Risk Managers comes in. We’re experts at helping patients with special conditions get the life insurance they need, no matter how serious or severe their condition may be. Whether you’re looking for comprehensive life insurance packages, TPD insurance, trauma insurance, or income protection, our life insurance specialists will help you get the life insurance you’re looking for.
Call us today on 1300 665 356 or send an enquiry to email@example.com to find out more about what
we can do for you.